1. The two main types of fiber are soluble fiber and insoluble
2. Dietary fiber can cause colon cancer.
3. Raisin bran, oatmeal, whole-wheat bread and baked potatoes
with skin do not provide dietary fiber.
4. Foods in the milk group are not good sources of fiber because
fiber comes from plant foods.
5. The RDA for fiber is between 20-30 grams per day.
Issued in furtherance of Cooperative Extension
work, Acts of Congress of May 8 and June 30, 1914, in cooperation
with the United States Department of Agriculture. The Louisiana
Cooperative Extension Service provides equal opportunities in
programs and employment. Information and Graphics on this site
are copyright protected by LSU Agricultural Center's Louisiana Cooperative Extension Services.
For more information
on the EFNEP program, contact EFNEPMail@agcenter.lsu.edu.