1. Phytochemicals should be avoided.
2. Phytochemicals are found in plant foods.
3. Phytochemicals may reduce risk of cancer and lower cholesterol.
4. Soybeans are poor sources of phytochemicals.
5. Taking a phytochemical supplement will provide you with
all the phytochemicals you need.
Issued in furtherance of Cooperative Extension
work, Acts of Congress of May 8 and June 30, 1914, in cooperation
with the United States Department of Agriculture. The Louisiana
Cooperative Extension Service provides equal opportunities in
programs and employment. Information and Graphics on this site
are copyright protected by LSU Agricultural Center's Louisiana Cooperative Extension Services.
For more information
on the EFNEP program, contact EFNEPMail@agcenter.lsu.edu.