1. The Food Guide Pyramid should not be used to plan meals.
2. Meals should be planned to have a variety of shapes, textures,
colors, flavors and temperatures.
3. Storing dry goods (flour, cornmeal) in air-tight containers
prolongs their shelf life.
4. Vitamins and minerals are macronutrients.
5. Balance, variety and moderation are important menu planning
Issued in furtherance of Cooperative Extension
work, Acts of Congress of May 8 and June 30, 1914, in cooperation
with the United States Department of Agriculture. The Louisiana
Cooperative Extension Service provides equal opportunities in
programs and employment. Information and Graphics on this site
are copyright protected by LSU Agricultural Center's Louisiana Cooperative Extension Services.
For more information
on the EFNEP program, contact EFNEPMail@agcenter.lsu.edu.