1. About 35% of cancer deaths are associated with the foods
2. Eating a high-fat diet lowers your risk of cancer.
3. Antioxidants may help prevent some types of cancer.
4. Phytochemicals may cause cancer.
5. Maintaining a healthy weight is one way to lower your risk
Issued in furtherance of Cooperative Extension
work, Acts of Congress of May 8 and June 30, 1914, in cooperation
with the United States Department of Agriculture. The Louisiana
Cooperative Extension Service provides equal opportunities in
programs and employment. Information and Graphics on this site
are copyright protected by LSU Agricultural Center's Louisiana Cooperative Extension Services.
For more information
on the EFNEP program, contact EFNEPMail@agcenter.lsu.edu.