1. Diabetes causes your body to have blood levels of glucose
that are too high.
2. There are three types of diabetes: type 1, type 2 and type
3. Type 2 diabetes is usually caused by age, overweight and
4. Good nutrition and exercise can help manage diabetes.
5. Everyone who has diabetes must take insulin.
Issued in furtherance of Cooperative Extension
work, Acts of Congress of May 8 and June 30, 1914, in cooperation
with the United States Department of Agriculture. The Louisiana
Cooperative Extension Service provides equal opportunities in
programs and employment. Information and Graphics on this site
are copyright protected by LSU Agricultural Center's Louisiana Cooperative Extension Services.
For more information
on the EFNEP program, contact EFNEPMail@agcenter.lsu.edu.