The Food Guide
1. A person should eat 2-4 servings from the bread, cereal,
rice, and pasta group each day.
2. The fruit and vegetable groups are good sources of many
vitamins and minerals.
3. Foods in the meat groups are usually high in protein and
4. A person should eat 3-5 servings from the fats, oils, and
sweets group each day.
5. The foods in the bread, cereal, rice and pasta group are
fattening, even when eaten plain.
Issued in furtherance of Cooperative Extension
work, Acts of Congress of May 8 and June 30, 1914, in cooperation
with the United States Department of Agriculture. The Louisiana
Cooperative Extension Service provides equal opportunities in
programs and employment. Information and Graphics on this site
are copyright protected by LSU Agricultural Center's Louisiana Cooperative Extension Services.
For more information
on the EFNEP program, contact EFNEPMail@agcenter.lsu.edu.