1. Its OK to use bruised, cut or over-ripe food when
2. Whether food should be processed in a pressure canner or
a boiling water-bath canner depends on the amount of fiber in
3. Food borne illness from improperly canned foods can be
4. Dont count on an old family recipe to be a safe canning
5. Properly canned foods can be safe, nutritions and delicious.
Issued in furtherance of Cooperative Extension
work, Acts of Congress of May 8 and June 30, 1914, in cooperation
with the United States Department of Agriculture. The Louisiana
Cooperative Extension Service provides equal opportunities in
programs and employment. Information and Graphics on this site
are copyright protected by LSU Agricultural Center's Louisiana Cooperative Extension Services.
For more information
on the EFNEP program, contact EFNEPMail@agcenter.lsu.edu.