1. The body's favorite energy supply is from protein.
2. Carbohydrates can be sugars, starches or fiber.
3. Whole-grain breads, cereals and pastas are good sources
4. Sugars that have 3 or more sugar molecules are called monosaccharides.
5. The number of carbohydrate grams in a food can be found
on the Nutrition Facts Label.
Issued in furtherance of Cooperative Extension
work, Acts of Congress of May 8 and June 30, 1914, in cooperation
with the United States Department of Agriculture. The Louisiana
Cooperative Extension Service provides equal opportunities in
programs and employment. Information and Graphics on this site
are copyright protected by LSU Agricultural Center's Louisiana Cooperative Extension Services.
For more information
on the EFNEP program, contact EFNEPMail@agcenter.lsu.edu.