1. About 45 % of our daily calories should come from fat.
2. Use 5 tablespoons of polyunsaturated vegetable oil such
as soybean or other plant oil each day.
3. We dont need fat. Its all bad for us.
4. All liquid vegetable oils are polyunsaturated.
5. Choosing non-fat milk in place of whole milk reduces your
intake of saturated fat.
Issued in furtherance of Cooperative Extension
work, Acts of Congress of May 8 and June 30, 1914, in cooperation
with the United States Department of Agriculture. The Louisiana
Cooperative Extension Service provides equal opportunities in
programs and employment. Information and Graphics on this site
are copyright protected by LSU Agricultural Center's Louisiana Cooperative Extension Services.
For more information
on the EFNEP program, contact EFNEPMail@agcenter.lsu.edu.