1. What three minerals have to be on the nutrition facts panel
of the food label?
protein and magnesium
B. Sodium, calcium and
C. Iron, sodium and calcium
2. Which mineral is especially important in bone health?
3. What vitamin helps increase the absorption of iron?
B. Vitamin A
C. Vitamin D
4. Calcium is found in which three classes of food ?
vegetables, red fruit and milk and milk products.
B. Pork, dried beans
and milk and milk products.
C. Milk and milk products,
green vegetables and a few fish and shellfish
5. How much iron does a person need each day?
A. 18 milligrams
B. 15 milligrams
C. 10 milligrams
Issued in furtherance of Cooperative Extension
work, Acts of Congress of May 8 and June 30, 1914, in cooperation
with the United States Department of Agriculture. The Louisiana
Cooperative Extension Service provides equal opportunities in
programs and employment. Information and Graphics on this site
are copyright protected by LSU Agricultural Center's Louisiana Cooperative Extension Services.
For more information
on the EFNEP program, contact EFNEPMail@agcenter.lsu.edu.