and the Elderly Quiz
1. Physical changes such as losing the sense of taste and
smell can affect an elderly person's intake of food and cause
them to lose weight.
2. Good nutritional status can improve an elderly person's
quality of life.
3. Elderly people should not participate in physical activity
4. Elderly people can become dehydrated easily and should
therefore drink plenty of water.
5. Lack of transportation does not affect the nutritional
status of elderly people.
Issued in furtherance of Cooperative Extension
work, Acts of Congress of May 8 and June 30, 1914, in cooperation
with the United States Department of Agriculture. The Louisiana
Cooperative Extension Service provides equal opportunities in
programs and employment. Information and Graphics on this site
are copyright protected by LSU Agricultural Center's Louisiana Cooperative Extension Services.
For more information
on the EFNEP program, contact EFNEPMail@agcenter.lsu.edu.