The Safe Food
1. Practicing good eating habits is the best way to be sure
to avoid getting foodborne illness.
2. Be sure to dry dishes and utensils with a dish towel used
just for the kitchen.
3. The blade of your can opener should be washed and rinsed
after each use.
4. Take groceries straight home to the refrigerator and store
5. Your refrigerator temperature should be 50 degrees F.
Issued in furtherance of Cooperative Extension
work, Acts of Congress of May 8 and June 30, 1914, in cooperation
with the United States Department of Agriculture. The Louisiana
Cooperative Extension Service provides equal opportunities in
programs and employment. Information and Graphics on this site
are copyright protected by LSU Agricultural Center's Louisiana Cooperative Extension Services.
For more information
on the EFNEP program, contact EFNEPMail@agcenter.lsu.edu.