1. If your diet is protein deficient over a long period of
time, bone mass progressively decreases.
2. Milk and dairy products are our best source of dietary
calcium, a nutrient necessary in building strong bones.
3. Skim milk provides all the nutrients of whole milk, but
without the fat and calories.
4. Four 8-ounce glasses of milk provide the 1200 milligrams
of calcium needed by adults 51 and older.
5. Lactose intolerant individuals should quit drinking milk
and using dairy products.
Issued in furtherance of Cooperative Extension
work, Acts of Congress of May 8 and June 30, 1914, in cooperation
with the United States Department of Agriculture. The Louisiana
Cooperative Extension Service provides equal opportunities in
programs and employment. Information and Graphics on this site
are copyright protected by LSU Agricultural Center's Louisiana Cooperative Extension Services.
For more information
on the EFNEP program, contact EFNEPMail@agcenter.lsu.edu.