1. The average, healthy person needs vitamin supplements.
2. We get vitamin D only from foods.
3. Cooking vegetables in small amounts of water helps limit
the amounts of water-soluble vitamins lost.
4. Folate is a very important vitamin, especially for girls
and women who are pregnant or of child-bearing age.
5. There are three main types of vitamins: fat-soluble, carbohydrate-soluble and water-soluble.
Issued in furtherance of Cooperative Extension
work, Acts of Congress of May 8 and June 30, 1914, in cooperation
with the United States Department of Agriculture. The Louisiana
Cooperative Extension Service provides equal opportunities in
programs and employment. Information and Graphics on this site
are copyright protected by LSU Agricultural Center's Louisiana Cooperative Extension Services.
For more information
on the EFNEP program, contact EFNEPMail@agcenter.lsu.edu.